Wenn schon Genesis nicht richtig feiern...

• Wenn ich nichts übersehen habe, hat dies hier noch niemand veröffentlicht, was ich gerade auf Facebook gefunden habe:

Francis Dunnery, Dave Kerzner and Nick D'Virgilio Celebrate The Lamb's 40th!
    This November Francis Dunnery (formerly of It Bites), Dave Kerzner (formerly of Sound of Contact), Nick D'Virgilio (Genesis - Calling All Stations) and other guest musicians are putting out a special tribute to Genesis in celebration of the 40th Anniversary of the classic Progressive Rock album "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway". The single "In The Cage" will be made available for download this month with a follow up of the entire album expected to be released in early 2015. This special tribute to the picturesque album is done in a "classic rock-meets-modern film score" style combining authentic vintage instruments from the 70s (including sounds recorded at Genesis' studio with engineer Nick Davis) along with a full orchestra.
    The album and bonus tracks feature Francis Dunnery on lead vocals and Dave Kerzner on keyboards (both have participated on Steve Hackett's acclaimed Genesis Revisited 2 album)along with a stellar cast of musicians including Nick D'Virgilio, Billy Sherwood (Yes), Steve Rothery (Marillion), Dan Hancock (Giraffe), Martin Levac (The Musical Box), Nad Sylvan (Steve Hackett) and more!
    Sonic Elements featuring Francis Dunnery "In The Cage" teaser clip on Sound Cloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/sonicelem…/in-the-cage-sonic-elements :topp:

• Hört sich recht gut an.

Zy
    ------
    "The music is the true currency. It's more valuable than the accolades or the money. The relationship is with the invisible muse and you know if she's pleased or if she ain't." - Steve Hackett

• Danke für die Infos. So langsam kommen die Feierlichkeiten allerorten in Gang.

Das fand ich sehr nett:
    "But then a strange thing happened. Dave sent me an orchestral track of ‘The Cage’ taken from the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and asked me to sing it….. which I did…. very easily…. because I had been listening to it for forty years and I knew every single tiny nuance on the track, actually, on the entire album, erm….. on the entire Genesis catalogue up to 1974. I could sing that stuff with no rehearsal, no monitors, no lyric sheets and no money! The stuff is so deep in my veins that I should call old Tony Banks right now and ask him what the hell he’s waiting for! ha ha"
    (Francis Dunnery auf seiner Seite).

Ja, vielleicht sollte er den Anruf tatsächlich mal machen.
    Die Schnipsel klingen gut. Kann man sich wohl schon drauf freuen. Auf die Orchestrierung bin ich gespannt.
    Dunnery scheint mir eine deutlich bessere Wahl zu sein als Nad Sylvan. Mit dem als Sänger hätte ich das Album ungern hören mögen.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dunnery scheint mir eine deutlich bessere Wahl zu sein als Nad Sylvan. Mit dem als Sänger hätte ich das Album ungern hören mögen.

Och, Nad hat bei Steve zuletzt einen mehr als guten Job gemacht. Auf dem Studioalbum fand ich ihn allerdings weniger gut - da war er wohl noch nicht so drin.

Habe mir jetzt die Clips angehört - nicht schlecht, wirklich nicht. Aber für meinen Geschmack ein wenig zu nah am Original. Das ist mir etwas zu sehr Coverband als eine eigenständige Kreativleistung. Das Lamb-Coverprojekt "Rewiring Genesis" von Nick d'Virgilio und Mark Hornsby hat mir damals spontan besser gefallen.

• Habe mir jetzt die Clips angehört - nicht schlecht, wirklich nicht. Aber für meinen Geschmack ein wenig zu nah am Original. Das ist mir etwas zu sehr Coverband als eine eigenständige Kreativleistung. Das Lamb-Coverprojekt "Rewiring Genesis" von Nick d'Virgilio und Mark Hornsby hat mir damals spontan besser gefallen.

Mir geht es ähnlich. Aber ich habe insofern noch Hoffnung, als eine gute Orchestrierung das Projekt doch noch lohnenswert erscheinen lassen könnte:
    [INDENT]This special tribute to the picturesque album is done in a “classic rock-meets-modern film score” style combining authentic vintage instruments from the 70s (including sounds recorded at Genesis’ studio with engineer Nick Davis) along with a full orchestra.
    Quelle: Celebrating 40 Years of The Lamb | francisdunnery.com
    [/INDENT]Warten wir's ab.

• Das war gefühlt schon sehr lang im Gespräch und es wird echt Zeit, dass die Scheiblette kommt. :topp: Da sind echte Fans am Werk und F. Dunnery kommt echt sympathisch rüber!

• moin, war gerade auf www.francisdunnery.com um mal zu sehen, was der gute franki so treibt und da habe ich bei den news folgendes gelesen:

Celebrating 40 Years of The Lamb

I don’t think I have to explain at this point how much I love the early Genesis tunes. After being coaxed back into progressive rock by Dave Kerzner and then singing on Steve Hacketts Genesis revisited, I thought that would be enough Prog for one year and I could go back to my strange musical experiments at home.

But then a strange thing happened. Dave sent me an orchestral track of ‘The Cage’ taken from the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and asked me to sing it….. which I did…. very easily…. because I had been listening to it for forty years and I knew every single tiny nuance on the track, actually, on the entire album, erm….. on the entire Genesis catalogue up to 1974. I could sing that stuff with no rehearsal, no monitors, no lyric sheets and no money! The stuff is so deep in my veins that I should call old Tony Banks right now and ask him what the hell he’s waiting for! ha ha

This November my good self, Dave Kerzner (formerly of Sound of Contact), Nick D’Virgilio (Genesis – Calling All Stations) and other guest musicians are putting out a special tribute to Genesis in celebration of the 40th Anniversary of the classic Progressive Rock album “The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway”. The single “In The Cage” will be made available for download this month with a follow-up of the entire album expected to be released in early 2015. This special tribute to the picturesque album is done in a “classic rock-meets-modern film score” style combining authentic vintage instruments from the 70s (including sounds recorded at Genesis’ studio with engineer Nick Davis) along with a full orchestra.

The album and bonus tracks feature me on lead vocals and Dave Kerzner on keyboards (both have participated on Steve Hackett’s acclaimed Genesis Revisited 2 album)along with a stellar cast of musicians including Nick D’Virgilio, Billy Sherwood (Yes), Steve Rothery (Marillion), Dan Hancock (Giraffe), Martin Levac (The Musical Box), Nad Sylvan (Steve Hackett) and more!

Sonic Elements featuring “In The Cage” teaser clip on Sound Cloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/sonicel…n-the-cage-sonic-elements

quelle: Latest News | francisdunnery.com

...hoffentlich ruft er bei banks an...

habe mal reingehört und muss sagen, dunnery klingt sehr nach gabriel. kein wunder also, dass banks und rutherford ihn nach collins' ausstieg wollten...

werde mir das album jedenfalls besorgen, wenn's rausgekommen ist... -Pete-

TPT:

2010: Hamburg

2014: Hannover, Hamburg

2017: Hamburg, Dresden, München, Stuttgart

2018: Bremen, Hannover, Berlin, München, Aschaffenburg, Köln

2019: Pratteln, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Hamburg

2021: Amsterdam, München, Pratteln, Stuttgart, Köln

2022: Aarau, Zoetermeer, Hamburg, Berlin

2024: Amsterdam, Zürich, Berlin, Köln

BS:

2020: Helmond

2023: Helmond, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Bolognia, Milano, Rom, Aschaffenburg, Köln, London

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tom () aus folgendem Grund: "Breaking news" entfernt ;)

• Zitat

habe mal reingehört und muss sagen, Dunnery klingt sehr nach Gabriel.

Das dachte ich auch, als ich ihn das erste Mal auf einer Scheibe meines Bruders von "It bites" hörte. Ich bin jedenfalls froh, dass er "DWTMK" auf Steves "Genesis Revisited II" gesungen hat.

Zitat

Kein Wunder also, dass Banks und Rutherford ihn nach Collins' Ausstieg wollten...

Leider hätten sie auch ihn - genau wie Ray - wenig an den Schwächen von Songmaterial und Produktion von CAS ändern lassen, aber diesen Besetzungswunsch kannte bisher gar nicht.

Ist bekannt, warum es seinerzeit nicht dazu kam?

Can you tell me where my country lies
    said the unifaun to her true love's eyes

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von unifaun ()