SAT1 - Phil Collins bedauert

• Hallo,

hier mal die für diesen Tread wichtigsten Auszüge aus dem Mojo-Interview.

Das ist bekannt:
    "...There's really only one reason why Genesis aren't playing more than 41 dates. "I'm not interested," states Collins, matter-of-factly. Having seperated from his third wife, he now tries to spend as much time as possible at home with his young sons... ."My life is in turmoil," He admits. "Frankly, at the moment I am living totally for my two little boys, so this tour is actually a pain in the arse because I'am away from home. I've been trying to keep it short. Every time somebody said we could pay for the tour if we do another four dates, I said no. I signed on to buy a blue suit: I don't want to end up with a red one."

This goes some way to explaining why Collins prefers to view the band's forthcoming engagements as "a special series of shows, not a tour".
    But what also makes it special, to his mind, is the sense that this is literally the end of the road for Genesis...
    ..."I Still reserve the right to go back to South America and the Far East at some point,"
    he says, "but that would be my career put to bed, from a touring point of view. I just don't want to do it any more."

Am Ende des Interviews:
    "Tony Smith (Manager) my stil believe there's life in Genesis beyond this tour. "We're still talking about doing 'Lamb' with all five - I never say never." But Phil thinks otherwise. Asked if this really is the last chance to see Genesis live, he replies without hesitation, "Oh yeah. And even this tour was never going to happen until recently."

Why not, then, call it the farewell tour ?

"I don't think you want to try to milk people's emotions to try to sell tickets," he smiles. "And we don't have to."

Noch was am Rande :rolleyes::

"They are playing a few songs from the Gabriel era ... songs that are, in Collin's words, "for anoraks , if you want to call them that - the camp that thinks I fucked it up when I started singing!"

Gruß
    Doubleneck

• Typisch. Da nehmen die eine Aussage von Phil, der sich auf einen speziellen Aspekt seines Lebens auf der Tour bezieht und verallgemeinern ihn nicht nur, sondern zielen damit auf einen völlig Bereich dieser Tournee.
    Phil ist ein Arbeitstier und er war ja auch einer jener, die die Reunion unterstützten. Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass er nach dem Ende der Tournee einfach nur mit seiner Vaterrolle zufrieden sein wird. Spätestens nach einem halben Jahr wird er sich eine neue Herausforderung suchen.

Zy
    ------
    "The music is the true currency. It's more valuable than the accolades or the money. The relationship is with the invisible muse and you know if she's pleased or if she ain't." - Steve Hackett

• Wer nimmt eigentlich SAT1 ernst :gruebel:

Ich würde nie einem Boulevard-Sender trauen, denn das ist
    1. auf Bild-Zeitungs-Niveau und
    2. wie viele schon geschrieben haben völlig aus dem Kontext gerissen

:dumdi:

• Wer nimmt eigentlich SAT1 ernst :gruebel:

Zustimmung. Ich komme gerade aus dem Urlaub, in unserem Hotel war als deutscher Sender das ZDF angekündigt, leider war es aber Sat.1.

Wenn dieser Sender der einzige deutschsprachige Sender ist, den man sehen kann, merkt man erst wie schlecht er wirklich ist und das man überhaupt nichts verpasst, wenn man dort einfach vorbeizappt.

• Wie kann man im Urlaub fernsehen??? :schock2:

Einfach Anschalten. ;)

Nein, nicht 24h am Tag, aber Nachrichten aus der Heimat sind mal ganz interessant... nur ist Sat.1 dafür nach 9live der falscheste Sender...

• Also im Urlaub schaue ich nur TV, wenn mir wirlich sehr, sehr langweilig ist :dumdi: