collins schockt fans in den usa bei einem konzert!

• wer es nciht kennt, das ist genial:
    Collins Leaves Fans Bemused

By Entertainment Reporter N. Andrews

9th September 2004

Veteran British rocker Phil Collins hit town yesterday as part of his "Final Farewell Tour" obviously determined to prove a point.

While the glory days of his career are well behind him, Collins still commands a loyal and dedicated fan base, and judging by the packed house last night, there are plenty of fans still willing to part with their cash to hear him perform.

However, in recent times, Collins has come in for stinging fan criticism for "predictable setlists" and "playing it safe", something Collins has denied and even responded to with a message on his official website. It was clear that last night Collins was determined to prove to fans and critics alike that he still had what it takes.

Looking not unlike a Buddist monk in a loose fitting white robe, Collins kicked off the concert with a rousing 25 minute drum solo before launching into high energy versions of "If Leaving Me is Easy", "We're All Sons of Our Fathers"and "Please Come Out Tonight" with surprise cameos by Slash (who was apparently in town on a fundrasing visit for World Vision) and Eddie Van Halen (in town to promote his Greatest Hits set).

This opening set was greeted by stunned silence.

Normality was resumed as Collins launched into an "Easy Lover/Easy Lover/Easy Lover/ Easy Lover" medley, to rapturous applause.

To be fair to Collins, his old songs have dated very well. While some fans have accused him of being "safe", there is no doubt that what he does works, and it wasn't long before he had the audience eating out of his hand.

"Now some people think I'm too safe" Collins yelled between songs. "So I thought I'd change it round a bit tonight!"

Collins wasn't kidding. As Two Hearts, You Can't Hurry Love, Another Day in Paradise, Separate Lives, Sussudio, I Wish It Would Rain Down, One More Night and A Groovy Kind of Love were reeled off in quick succession, you couldn't help but feel you were privileged, witnessing something never before seen. Surprisingly, this mini set elicited a few boos from the crowd, something that visibly annoyed Collins.

Collins launched into another mini-set of newer songs. "Right! This is from the new album!" he yelled, to which a section of the crowd started chanting "But Seriously!" over and over. This is one of the problems Collins faces, getting people to acknowledge his newer work. It's sad that many people are unaware that his latest album - the underrated Both Sides (look out for the new single "Thru My Eyes" in stores) is just as good as any of his previous works.

"I used to be in a band!" screamed Collins about an hour into the concert. As the massive crowd cheered, tears of joy filled my eyes as the first familiar notes of "Misunderstanding" filled the arena.

It turned out to be a total misunderstanding, as some 30 minutes later Collins wound up a 30 minute Flaming Youth medley, Slash having made another cameo midway.

However, the crowd was soon onside again as a nervous looking Usher joined Collins on stage for a couple of songs: Easy Lover and Easy Lover (Big Boi Hip Hoppz remix).

All true Collins devotees know there's only one way to end a Collins concert. Which is probably why so many fans looked jacked off when Collins failed to sing "Take Me Home" and instead opted for a "Silent Sun/Sea Bee/More Fool Me/Window/Wear My Hat (Mad Hatters Remix)/Hair on the Arms and Legs/Easy Lover" medley, leaving one very mystified crowd to exit into the cold night air.

alt-f4 ME

• Mh...., ich bin zwar der englischen Sprache mächtig, so gut es geht mit meinem Schulenglisch, aber so ganz erschließt sich mir der Inhalt nicht.
    Eine komplette Übersetzung wäre wohl zu viel verlangt? :D
    Bevor ich es falsch verstanden habe, was genau ist denn passiert?

MfG Moritz

• hehe das ist fett....
    Der gute Phil hat seine Setlist total umgekrempelt und massig Sachen gespielt mit denen ich nie gerechnet hätte....
    das ist geil, da wär ich gern dabei gewesen...

Aber sowas könnte er öfter machen, da hätte es sich auch gelohnt mehr als 1 Konzert zu besuchen :D

Smokey, wir sind hier nicht in Vietnam, wir sind hier beim Bowling, da gibt es Regeln.

• Sicher klingt es unglaubwürdig, aber wer weiß...
    Amiland ist weit weg und man glaubt ja an das gute im Menschen...
    Vll mag es ja der gut Who_Dunnit???? auflösen...
    Aber allein die Annahme von so einem Konzert ist zu geil!

Smokey, wir sind hier nicht in Vietnam, wir sind hier beim Bowling, da gibt es Regeln.

• Jetzt mal ehrlich!!!

Hat das Phil wirklich gemacht? Hab nur hier davon was gehört....
    Kingt wie ein cooler Alptraum...

• ""I used to be in a band!" screamed Collins about an hour into the concert. As the massive crowd cheered, tears of joy filled my eyes as the first familiar notes of "Misunderstanding" filled the arena.

It turned out to be a total misunderstanding, as some 30 minutes later Collins wound up a 30 minute Flaming Youth medley, Slash having made another cameo midway.

However, the crowd was soon onside again as a nervous looking Usher joined Collins on stage for a couple of songs: Easy Lover and Easy Lover (Big Boi Hip Hoppz remix). "

Klar, das klingt nach einem absolut glaubwürdigen Artikel :rolleyes:

Saw that look of recognition

When they know just who you are

• Ich glaub das einzig wahre daran ist, dass Misunderstanding wirklich als Solo-Performance gespielt wurde, hab das als Aufnahme. Aber "We're All Sons of our Fathers" live? Das wäre 100 % bei Movement in irgendeiner Form weil das so ziemlich eine der größten Seltenheiten jemals wäre, nachdem es ja nicht ein einziges mal in der Setliste der Both Sides Tour auftauchte. Thru My Eyes ist auch sehr unwahrscheinlich, ich hätts eher geglaubt wenn er "Driving Me Crazy" geschrieben hätte, dass ich mir grade im Moment als ziemlich gelungene Live-Performance aus NY 2002 anhöre.