Beiträge von silent

Warum eigentlich nicht auch aus der Genesis Live 1973 CD eine Doppel - CD machen?!
    Vielleicht gar nicht so unwahrscheinlich.
    (Einige Tracks sind ja bereits am Archive # 1 erschienen.)

CD 1 Genesis Live

Leicester February 1973

1 - Watcher of the Skies - 8:34
    2 - Get`Em Out by Friday - 9:14
    3 - The Return of the Giant Hogweed - 8:14
    4 - The Musical Box - 10:56
    5 - The Knife - 9:47

plus Bonus !!!

6 - Supper`s Ready - 23 min. version (Leicester)

CD 2

Genesis Live Rainbow Theatre London 1973

1 - Dancing with the Moonlight Knight - 7:05
    2 - I Know What I Like - 5:36
    3 - Firth of Fith - 8:29
    4 - More Fool Me - 4:01
    5 - The Battle Of Epping Forest (Cinema Show) - 12:08

und trotzdem auch

6 - Watcher of the Skies - 8:12
    7 - Supper´s Ready - 24:29

(Tracklist nach belieben...)

jawohl, - the way we walk in richtiger reihenfolge!!! danke !!
    aber bitte dann auch inklusive "dreaming while you sleep" und "turn it on again" !!

aber was macht nick dann mit "mama", that´s all" und "in too deep" ??
    die sind doch von 1986 bzw 1987.
    werden diese songs dann trotzdem in das durchlaufende 1992ziger konzert integriert?

wie pass dies dann zusammen ?? hmm ??

würde die doppel SACD dann so aussehen: (?)

CD 1

Land Of Confusion
    No Son Of Mine
    Driving The Last Spike
    Old Medley (Dance on a Volcano-The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway-The Musical Box-
    Firth of Fith-I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe))
    Fading Lights
    Jesus He Knows Me
    Dreaming While You Sleep !!

CD 2

Home By The Sea
    Hold On My Heart
    Mama ??
    Domino
    Drum Duet
    I Can't Dance
    That`s All ??
    In Too Deep ??
    Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
    Invisible Touch
    Turn It On Again !!

In Too Deep is from LA Forum 1986
    Mama is from Wembley Stadium 1987
    That's All must be from the Invisible Touch Tour 1986 or 1987

Dreaming While You Sleep (Genesis Archive # 2, Tell Me Why Maxi 1993
    & Never A Time Maxi 1993)
    Turn It On Again (Never A Time Holland Maxii 1993 & Tell Me Why Maxi 1993)

Oder kommt dann doch auch noch eine "Invisible Touch Tour Wembley 1987 Doppel CD" in die LiveBox ?!?!

Für alle die sich schon öfter gefragt :confused: haben, warum es auf dem "Big Blue BAll" Album "WHOLE THING (ORIGINAL MIX)" (5:26), heißt.

Oder warum es schon beim "Long Way Down" Soundtrack "WHOLE THING (ORIGINAL MIX)" hieß, und auf Big Blue Ball schon wieder (Warum hier dann nicht eine andere Version etc...)

Eine Remix - Version gibt es ja auch: "Whole Thing (Adrian Sherwood & Jazzwad Remix)" - als UK digital download bonus track.

Aber zufällig bin ich beim herumstöbern dann auf die WHOLE THING #2 gestoßen, - die eigentlich chronologisch die # 1 sein müßte, da schon 1996 erschienen.
    Und zwar auf dem TEENAGE Album (1996) und dem COMPILATION Album (1998) von Andy White.

WHOLE THING #2 (4:02)
    Another brand-new recording, this time of a 'Teenage' album track

Hier beschreibt Andy White die Recording Sessions 1995:

In Australia on my next visit I met Stuart Crichton, the brother of Davy my violin player (who is on both these new songs).
    He was blown away by 'Whole Thing' and I was feeling like I wanted a different treatment of it than the album version.
    I felt that Diana wasn't protected enough, just like we don't protect those we should look after the most.
    That's some of what this new version means to me.
    We recorded it in London on a scorching hot day, me on my way to moving to continental Europe for the first time.
    Leaving island life behind. The original was written in Peter Gabriel's studio with him on piano and Tim and I sending down ideas, melody lines and scribbled lyrics.
    I'd got every album of his since 'Trespass' so this was rather an experience.
    Karl Wallinger was on guitar and Geoffrey Oryema singing the beautiful "Each night in bed..." line.

A sylvan scene of pastoral musicality. It's Real World Studios' Recording Week 1995 and the A-List are in attendance.
    Johnny Depp snogs Kate Moss on a balcony high above where Andy and Tim are drinking beer with the finest practitioners of World Music, gathered here after playing the WOMAD festival.
    Nervously, T confides the terrible truth to A. He switches on a cassette recorder cleverly concealed in a gourd.
    "Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to record a song in the midst of these celebs and virtuoso musicians.
    You two can only play a few chords on the guitar and your brains are frazzled from a European tour. However, Peter Gabriel is a wonderful host and you're really being made to feel welcome.
    Your self-confidence will implode in five seconds."

andy white homepage
    andy white homepage

Hätte da ne frage bezüglich des Tracks "A Call To Arms " vom 1985iger Mike & The Mechanics album:

Gibt es von diesem Track auch eine existierende (Demo-)Version von Genesis ?

Wenn ja oder auch wenn nein, - warum wurde "A Call To My Arms" nicht auf einem Archive (# 2: 76-92) oder Box 1983-98 veröffentlicht?

Vor allem unter dem aspekt dass es vom 1983er Album "Genesis" eigentlich eh keine b-sides (außer mixe & rehearsals) gab.

Mike + The Mechanics (debut album 1985)

"A Call to Arms" - (Tony Banks, Phil Collins, Rutherford, Neil, Robertson) – 4:38

"A Call to Arms" was a song leftover from the Genesis album sessions. Rutherford received permission from fellow Genesis bandmates Collins and Tony Banks to appropriate it for the Mechanics.

Bitte
    Danke

Banks says Genesis is considering some further catalog reissues, including a possible boxed set of the group's several live albums as well as issuing single shows for sale via band's Web site. He's also put together a remastered version of his 1979 solo album "A Curious Feeling" that he plans to release in 2009.

:welle:

ganz unten geschrieben bei:
    Genesis Holding Out Hope For Gabriel Gigs

Vielleicht kann mir bitte jemand ein wenig helfen und alle bekannten und unbekannten Peter Gabriel Instrumentals ergänzen.

Abgesehen von Instrumentalen Alben oder einzelnen Instrumental Tracks darauf.

Danke!

WILD
    MORE THAN THIS Instrumental
    BURN YOU UP BURN YOU DOWN Instrumental
    BIG TIME Instrumental
    SECRET WORLD Instrumental
    SIGNAL TO NOISE Instrumental

COME TALK TO ME Instrumental

DIGGING IN THE DIRT Instrumental
    SHOCK THE MONKEY Instrumental
    BASHI-BAZOUK

Ga-Ga (I go swimming Instrumental)

CURTAINS 2004 Instrumental

GROWING UP Tricky Instrumental Remix

BRIMSTONE-THEME
    Adam (Swatch merchandise)
    Darker Star - Opening
    Darker Star - Closing

100 DAYS TO GO
    Time of the Turning Instrumental
    Downside-Up nstrumental

Baby Man Instrumental (Part)
    White Ashes Instrumental (Part)

Define Dancing (WALL E)
    Eve (WALL E)

Big Blue Ball Instrumental

Games Without Frontiers (instrumental)
    On The Air (instrumental)

:confused:

weiß eigentlich jemand warum die songs "taste of lime" und "seven zero", die ja angeblich auch aus den real world sessions early 90´s stammen sollen, nun (doch) nicht auf big blue ball sind?

oder war od. ist "taste of lime" eine demo version eines songs ähnlich wie this is the road, feed the flame etc. ...

sorry

Genesis: 'The special chemistry' of an awesome supergroup | Mail Online

Last week, Genesis released a lavish new DVD, When in Rome 2007, featuring the Rome show in its entirety, together with a revealing behind-the-scenes documentary of the entire tour.

To coincide with the film, The Mail on Sunday will next week give away a specially commissioned CD of Genesis music, including Turn It On Again, Follow You, Follow Me, Mama, Abacab among many others.

The track listing was selected by Tony Banks who, along with Mike Rutherford and former lead singer Peter Gabriel, founded the band at Charterhouse School 40 years ago.