Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex (2023)

• Lustig, dass Loudersound/Prog da einen newsartikel draus machen wegen einem socialmedia-post. Das Innerviewsinterview, in dem er recht viel blabla zum Soloalbum von sich gibt und der Titel verraten wurde, ist seit Monaten online.

Zitat

What can listeners expect from your forthcoming 2023 solo album, The Harmony Codex?

It's going to maintain a lot of the musical vocabulary from The Future Bites, but it's going back into a more conceptual world, which is less about concise pop songs and more about experimentation. So, in the most simplistic terms, it might be somewhere between Hand. Cannot. Erase. and The Future Bites, but not like either of those records.

I'm really excited about it. I say that every time I have a new batch of songs, but there's really something unique about these songs. I have a feeling it could be a great record. I think the new album feels almost like the next step from The Future Bites, which was very streamlined and had a very strong pop sensibility. So, I asked myself “What am I going to do next, given that? Okay, I’m going to take those elements but place them withing something more ambitious.” Of course, everything informs everything else. So, I have tracks that have spiritual jazz elements, electronics, moments of progressive rock, voice manipulation, and modern DSP processing.

(...)

I think people who like Porcupine Tree are going to love the direction of this new album. It’s much more epic and uncompromising. It’s more complex and unpredictable to a degree. After people experience the mercurial nature of this Porcupine Tree album, I think they’re going to look at the new solo album and think highly of it.

https://www.innerviews.org/inner/porcupine-tree

you're the ones we've been waiting for...
    Genesis - 98 München - 07 Linz, Düsseldorf x 2, Berlin, München - 22 Berlin x 2, London x 2

• Ein eigener Thread ist schon cool... im elendslangen SW-Faden geht ohnehin der Überblick verloren.

Finde auch seinen PR-Sprech bemerkenswert. Es wird "uncompromising", aber den PT-Fans gefallen, denen TFB zu poppig war. Also de facto doch Kompromiss?

you're the ones we've been waiting for...
    Genesis - 98 München - 07 Linz, Düsseldorf x 2, Berlin, München - 22 Berlin x 2, London x 2

• Okay, das ist dann wohl das Eingeständnis, dass er nicht zum Popstar taugt. Ich habe nichts gegen mehr Experimente, möchte aber dennoch auch gerne wieder eingängige Nummern von ihm hören. Eine abwechslungsreiche Mischung halt.

But we never leave the past behind, we just accumulate...

"Von jedem Tag will ich was haben

Was ich nicht vergesse

Ein Lachen, ein Sieg, eine Träne

Ein Schlag in die Fresse"

• "It's different again"

Was denn nun noch?

- Streicherarrangements?

- Bläsersätze?

- ein Song mit deutschem Text?

- ein Instrumental-Album?

;)

But we never leave the past behind, we just accumulate...

"Von jedem Tag will ich was haben

Was ich nicht vergesse

Ein Lachen, ein Sieg, eine Träne

Ein Schlag in die Fresse"

• oh weia....

Dann würde ich ein Instrumental Album wählen.

Dam di dam di dam dam.......:huhu: