16.12.2012 WEIHNACHTSQUIZ: Der Radler

• War heute leider fast den ganzen Tag unterwegs und zum Recherchieren bleibt mir daher keine Zeit. Ich tippe einfach mal auf Tony, weil er schon auf Shortcut To Somewhere dies macht. Was auch immer das damit zu tun hat :D

<!---

The rain auditions at my window
    Its symphony echoes in my womb
    My gaze scans the walls of this apartment
    To rectify the confines of my tomb

-->

• Armando Gallo zitiert in seinem Buch Paul Whitehead:

"Paul Whitehead discussed his painting for the cover (Anm. Foxtrot) of this album in Armando Gallo's book: Cover is originally a put-down on fox-hunting as a aristocratic sport. It took on a stronger meaning when he heard "Supper's Ready". The ice floating on water is like the soul floating in the human body.

The fox, is a passion, a violent aspect, but it has used its cunning and adopted a disguise and the ice to escape its pursuers. The cover is adopted into half land and half sea, and it shows that there is as much life in the sea as there is on the land.

There is also death in the sea, as signified by Cythia's mallet, the shark, the Hogweed and the nuclear submarine. The cyclist is Peter! Apparently Peter once turned up to some meeting on a bike and he couldn't cycle very well. The hotel is representative of all the hotels that the band were about to spend time in. They were about to hit the big time, and years on the road loomed ahead of them!"

Schöne Frage! :topp:

Und man setzt sich so ganz nebenbei mal wieder mit den Genesis-Cover von Paul Whitehead auseinander! :)

GENESIS

In Concert

1978 Saarbrücken Ludwigsparkstadion 1981 Frankfurt/M Festhalle

1987 Mannheim Maimarktgelände

1992 Hockenheim Motodrom - 2007 Stuttgart Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion

2022 Hannover Expo

Steve Hackett

In Concert

2009 Remscheid - 2014 Bochum 2015 Dortmund  

2017 Hamburg 2019 Hamburg

Peter Gabriel

In Concert

2013 Stuttgart 2023 Hamburg

Anthony Phillips

2014 Welkers

• ...das sind ja Uhrzeiten, an denen Ihr Euch hier rumtreibt...

Relativ leicht zu erklären, ich plane nach Erstellung der Fragen immer zwischen 30 und 60 Minuten Zeit für Fehlerkorrekturen oder Rückfragen ein, soll die Abläufe für die Teilnehmer reibungsloser machen.

Zur Auflösung

Wie mehrfach anhand des richtigen Zitats schon belegt handelt es sich bei dem Radfahrer in der Tat um Peter Gabriel.

• Ich nenn ihn eh liebevoll "Mägges", von daher wär´s wurscht gewesen. :cool:

Als ich den Namen zum ersten mal gehört habe war das im direkten Gespräch, und mein erster Gedanke war "Richard Mc Fail", dementsprechend auch "Versager und früh gefeuert". Zum Glück gab es da aber diese Seite schon. ;)