Brand X anyone?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Lumleys einstiger Band-Kollege...

I’m overwhelmed and saddened by the tragic news of the recent death of my old mucker and sharer of our keyboard stack during my short tenure with the wonderful Brand X. The laughter we shared and our love of Python and Fawlty Towers resulted in our reciting verbatim at times long sketches from these shows, and it was this shared love of this uniquely irreverent humour that drew us together as musical friends. I will miss him . There was no one like him; a great keyboard player and composer and the fun we had during one of our last tours together with Phil Collins will remain as one of the most enjoyable musical ventures of my life. Sharing an enormous keyboard array, we would choreograph our moves around it for each tune resulting in much visual hilarity and it presented a unique approach to multi keyboard set ups. Somewhere I have a photo of us during that tour that I’ll search for and post….it’s strange that more keyboardists didn’t use the same technique…….. I utilised this innovation when I began touring with the great Al Jarreau and shared the keyboards stack with the indomitable Larry Williams to spectacular effect………VALE… DEAR BOY! We have lost a treasure, I’ll miss you……and so will the world of music and humour…..

Got no friends? Got no fun? Listen to SPLIFF and you'll see the sun!

Club-Mitglied seit 1991
    +++ GENESIS (11x ab 1987)
    + PHIL COLLINS (12x ab 1990) + PETER GABRIEL (20x ab 1987) + STEVE HACKETT (11x ab 2003) + MIKE & THE MECHANICS (11x ab 1989) + RAY WILSON/_CUT (7x ab 1999) + THE MUSICAL BOX (15x ab 2003) +++ Nächste Station: Steve Hackett, 18.07.2024

• Offizieller Beitrag

...mit John Giblin hat sich vorgestern der nächste aus der Brand X family verabschiedet. :(

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Got no friends? Got no fun? Listen to SPLIFF and you'll see the sun!

Club-Mitglied seit 1991
    +++ GENESIS (11x ab 1987)
    + PHIL COLLINS (12x ab 1990) + PETER GABRIEL (20x ab 1987) + STEVE HACKETT (11x ab 2003) + MIKE & THE MECHANICS (11x ab 1989) + RAY WILSON/_CUT (7x ab 1999) + THE MUSICAL BOX (15x ab 2003) +++ Nächste Station: Steve Hackett, 18.07.2024

• Offizieller Beitrag

Welch ein Jammer! Giblin war ein phänomenaler Bassist und hat gerade im Tandem mit Phil viele Alben veredelt.

Kate Bush hat einen sehr persönlichen Nachruf veröffentlicht. Auf der Seite etwas runterscrollen.

https://www.katebushnews.com/2…ring-bassist-john-giblin/

Das ist die Fanseite, durch diese haben wir davon erfahren und entsprechend in den News auch verlinkt.

Kate Bush hat auf ihrer Seite diesen Nachruf veröffentlicht

JOHN | Kate Bush